Sunday, July 01, 2007

Whale Song wins book cover of the month

Sometimes people underestimate the power of the reader or fan. I am always humbled as an author when someone comments on my novels, and over the past three years I have had fans nominate me for awards. Being nominated in 2004 for the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta Arts Award was a huge honor. And even a nomination for a book cover award (which I had nothing to do with) makes me very grateful.


Whale Song was nominated by a fan to compete in Erin Aislinn's Book Cover of the Month contest. After nomination, it had to be accepted...and it was. For the month of June, 5 covers in total competed for the honor of May Book Cover of the Month.

http://www.erinaislinn.com/BookCoveroftheMonth.htm

Whale Song won!


I wish I could take credit, but I can't. All the credit for the beautiful, haunting cover go to Kam Wai Yu, from Persona Corp. Kam is an award-winning graphic artist who has designed all the Kunati book covers.

On behalf of Kam and Whale Song, I would like to thank everyone who voted. There are a lot of awards out there for book covers and books, voted on by people in the book industry. But to me, the contests voted on by fans and readers are the most special. Thank you!

To order Whale Song, please visit your favorite bookstore or online retailer.
Some quick links:

No comments: