Friday, April 11, 2008

Five Great Sentences



Some people collect antiques. I collect sentences.






"It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting, he thought…" – The Alchemist by Paul Coehlo



"Kalamazoo was a peculiar little town. Even when it was trying to kill me, it charmed me a little." – Schuyler's Monster by Robert Rummel-Hudson


"The thin woman in the green sari stood on the slippery rocks and gazed at the dark waters around her." – The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar


"I am ready to speak of the obsession that revolved around Adolf Hitler." - The Castle in the Forest by Norman Mailer

"The night before the raid on the roadhouse Nestor told his Avengers at the rickety church, "I want us to come at them out of the sun, first light shining hard on the window glass as we roll up on the place."' – The Hot Kid by Elmore Leonard


What are some of your favorite sentences?


Check out my psychological legal thriller Janeology on Amazon. It has a few of my favorite sentences, too.

No comments: