Sunday, June 29, 2008

Local Author Extravaganza!

So over the weekend I particiapted in Chapters' Annual Local Author Extravaganza. It included myself and six other authors as we peddled our wares and munched on cake. It was a major event for me-my first multi-author signing.

The day hit a high point as Marty Chan arrived and ended up coming over and chatting with me. This is an author whose books I'd sold numerous copies of working in the bookstores, and whose play I was totally anticipating this fall. He blew me away further by purchasing my book! Friggin' Marty Chan! I couldn't believe it. I sat there writing out his name in the book. For Marty...

I refrained from writing 'Holy Shit-you're buying MY book'.

I was lucky enough to be seated next to Cheryl Kaye Tardif, a wonderful friend and writing mentor of mine. It was SO fun to chat with her in between customers.

I met several other great authors and all-in-all had a blast. It wasn't overly busy due to the weather being ridiculously nice, but I had fun, sold some books and walked away with a sweet gift from the store.

Quite a day!

No comments: