Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Blog a Summer Night

Summer nights are beginning here on the east coast, the kind of nights when windows remain open and the evening chorus of insects drifts through the bedroom window. The frogs crock and the crickets chirp, tuning up for their lat June symphony. Airplanes crisscross the sky, a distant set of swooshes in the darkness, and sometimes a car makes its way along the road, a gentle thumb of tires against the pavement. Now and then, a dog barks and another answers, this collection of sounds are familiar, each has it measure of comfort.

I favor this time of year, I am at my best, the arrival of my birth month of May is celebrated and when summer waves its last farewell, I hold tight and fast to her fading warmth. There is great solace in knowing that the music of nature will play again and that I am still a member of the audience. The return of this season has also brought a resurgence of inspiration; my mind has begun to blossom again. The story that bubbles inside has found it s path, at last, and the words flow again on to the page. Writing, indeed, is an act of faith. Everyday I hold tight to believing much the same way that I grasp summer nights.

Blog what you see, hear, think and feel.

On Friday, June 12 please look for my review of “Freckleface Strawberry and the Dodgeball Bully” written by actress, Julianne Moore and illustrated by LeUyen Pham. This is a children’s book with delightful illustrations and a story that children will enjoy, Ms. Moore has stepped out of her actor’s shoes and into a writer’s robe, not a simple task, but one she does with ease.

Have the best day everyday,

Linda

No comments: