Friday, February 12, 2010

Blog Distractions

I am a few miles from Boston in my childhood bedroom. Not much has changed; headlights still penetrate the shades, turning the night into morning again and again. No, this is not the first line of a memoir, although it has great potential. This is real life, present day, full of its responsibilities.

I am writing here, been up since before 5 a.m., laptop perched on my knees and dog curled at my feet. The thief in me steals cyber space from two unsuspecting guys named William and Andrew. Thanks boys.

My writing deadline followed me to Boston, but does not sleep, has no internal alarm clock, just simply does not snooze. Nope, it paces, my deadline, paces the room, this room, every room, any room that I happen to be in with its foot tapping.

“I know,” I say, “I know…just chill.”

My inspirational thought for today: Distractions come quicker than words.

Have the best day everyday.

Linda

No comments: