Sunday, June 21, 2015

Summer Sizzles With Imajin Books!

About three years ago, I was happily vacationing at a friend’s condo in Penticton when I first began compiling notes for what was to become either a new short story or a novel. I had no idea where the story would take me at the time. After the vacation ended, I made a few more notes than put it aside. I would go back to it every now and then between endless drafts of my Casey Holland novels.

Three years later, I’m happy to say that I finished my first Evan Dunstan novella, Dead Man Floating. Two days after I submitted it to Imajin Books, the novella was accepted for publication. The editing process was quick and the book is now in the final production stage. I can’t wait to show you the cover when it’s ready! I’ll also post little excerpts from the back cover as we get closer to launch time. Stay tuned!

I’m telling all of you this now because I’m really excited to be working with Imajin Books. I’ve known Cheryl K. Tardif for some time and have posted here on her writetype blog for years. In fact, she was the one who first encouraged me to start blogging. One of the most exciting things about Cheryl’s publishing house is her marketing savvy and the innovative ways she showcases her authors through social networking.

To that end, Imajin is hosting a Summer Sizzles party in three weeks on Facebook, Sunday July 12, from 4 to 8 pm. As my book won’t be ready yet, I’ll be there an enthusiastic reader and fan. Visitors can learn about the books, ask authors questions, and participate in trivia games to win gift cards and ebooks. Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

One of Imajin’s authors, Eileen Schuh has posted about this as well, offering more info.


No comments: